Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Janet and Ethan's Wedding



I am making a cake next month for a couple who are having their wedding at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. A place I dream of living at, where I could run out to the field to pick my veggies and then grab some eggs from the coop for a cake.

Their cake is inspired by her bouquet, a mix of white flowers with touches of green.



I thought to do a pale green cake, with a tumbling of white flowers, including dianthus, carnation, and a mix of other made-up flowers that I wish existed.

Perhaps a pale dusting of green in the center, feeling quite refreshing.

I also am making a sheet cake for the guests, a dark chocolate cake with espresso whipped buttercream filling. Each piece will have a small hand sculpted flower with a dusting of the green color in the center.

It is going to be a very delicious and gorgeous wedding.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you show your sketches and thought process for each cake you make. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete